Monday, November 5, 2012

Welcome!


"By far the most dangerous foe we have to fight is apathy - indifference from whatever cause, not from a lack of knowledge, but from carelessness, from absorption in other pursuits, from a contempt bred of self satisfaction."


-William Osler


Welcome to the Apathetic No Longer blog. For awhile I have been wanting to start a blog as an outlet for thoughts in my head. You know, like every other blog in the blogosphere.


Where I'm coming from:

I'm a devoted Christian. I'm a husband to a beautiful, loving wife. I'm a father of two adorable little girls. I'm an active duty Marine.* I love my God, my wife, my kids, and my country.

What I do not like, however, is the apathy that surrounds these things, especially in America. We are continually throwing God out of the equation. Marriage is nothing more than a social contract that is too easily broken. Children are seen as annoyances and distractions, and we have no clue what is happening in our country. As long as the internet or TV is working, and Dominos still delivers, we are happy.

We don't know what we believe in regards to religion
We don't know what we believe in regards to politics (except that we are Republican or Democrat)
We don't know what we eat
We don't know how to maintain a good marriage
We don't know how to raise our own children
We wouldn't know how to survive if Wal-Mart closed down

But the biggest problem of them all is that we don't even care.

I'll finish this in a little bit, Jersey Shore is on.

Fair warning to those who don't know me well: I'm extremely sarcastic. 

So here is what you will come across on this blog:

Politics (Don't run!): 
Religion:
Nutrition:
Marriage:
Parenthood:
Exercise/health:
Other: This includes anything that I think is important and I find myself or others being apathetic about.

Names you may hear often: Ron Paul, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Tom Woods, Andrew Napolitano. 

FINAL NOTE FOR THE INTRODUCTORY POST:

I hope to never come across as high and mighty here. If anyone knows what apathy is, it's me. I fight against it everyday. It comes easy.





1 comment:

  1. This was a BANG right out of the gate, and it was just a "welcome" post. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete